Masonry Stonework What are the Overall Benefits and Results!
– Non-combustible materials Weather Resistant – Exterior Walls that will hold up to heavy storms, U.V. degradation, blistering heat, and sub-zero temperatures.”
– Exterior walls made of masonry means there’s no wood to eat! Protection from Rotting, Mold & Fungus – With no exterior wood on the walls, there is nothing to rot and masonry plays a large role in significantly reducing or eliminating the build-up of fungus and mildew between interior and exterior walls. Such problems have been known to contribute to health aliments including chronic fatigue, asthma and throat infections. Clearly, masonry homes are healthier for its inhabitants. Masonry homes are also nearly air-tight, making them allergy resistant as well.
Superior Sound Proofing
– Masonry blocks out noise better than traditional building materials,resulting in a quieter home environment. Virtually Maintenance Free – When used in its natural form, masonry provides lasting beauty that requires considerably less maintenance than other building materials. Lower Utility Bills – Concrete block, combined with ‘thermal mass’ insulation systems, stores more energy, meaning it stays warmer in winter and cooler in summer, reducing electric consumption, therefore lower utility bills.
Lower Insurance Premiums
– Because masonry provides higher levels of security, fire and termite protection, and does a better job of weathering the storm, many insurance companies offer up to 15% discounts on homeowner’s policies.
Environmentally-Friendly “Green” Products
– Masonry products play a large role in ecologically responsible building methods and is recognized by government programs as a contributor to green building status. In many cases, building within “green built” guidelines results in impact fee, tax breaks and permit fee savings for the home builder. Masonry products are earth-friendly because they do not deplete precious natural and limited resources like timber.
Increased Resale Appeal
– There’s a widely-held opinion, supported by studies, that masonry homes offer a greater resale value than other forms of construction. Key reasons are the fact that masonry homes are high quality, low maintenance homes.